Sunday, December 7, 2008

Getting Ready for Christmas


Well we have been battling pink eye and strep throat lately at our house, so we have been living a little isolated lately. Mark has been busy putting up Christmas decorations outside. After a couple of days work, I think he finally has them done. We'll have to get a picture of them. We put the Christmas Tree up after Thanksgiving. This year I looked around for an artificial one, since Mark said he was tired of trying to keep it watered, and constantly cleaning up the mess it made. So I finally found one that I liked. It looked pretty good once it was decorated and "fluffed." The kids have been busy "counting" down to Christmas. According to them it's taking "forever and will never come." Everyday we have a discussion as to whether they are on the naughty or nice list.

December 4th was the Children's Christmas Party at Mark's work. At the party they have lots of Arcade style games with prizes, bounce house style games, and of course Santa. They had a lot of fun and now I have a box of "prizes" to last a while. The visit with Santa was the highlight of the evening, except Brooke is too shy to ever talk to him. All day she was telling me that this year she wasn't going to be scared of him. As we go to visit with Santa, Brooke just can't do it. Phillip asked for Spy Gear, Caleb asks for Pixos, and I still don't know what Bridget said. Then just as we are about to leave Santa, Brooke says ever so softly "I want a singing Barbie for Christmas." Luckily Santa heard her and gave her a smile. As we are leaving, Brooke says to me "Mom I did it, I told Santa want I wanted for Christmas." She had a huge grin on her face.

No comments: